- First, and foremost, we are WAY more awesome.
- When you call, you speak to a real person. When you email, you get a quick response. We keep extended hours (and are open Saturday and most federal holidays) and that makes us work around your schedule, not vice-versa. We offer everything we have been asked for more than 3 times, and are always adding new things to the mix.
- We offer BETTER PRODUCTS, the FASTEST and for a BETTER PRICE. We do not spam or sell your information (unless you are into that sort of thing).
- If something looks stupid, shop rules is that we (nicely) tell you it looks stupid 3 times before you are on your own. We are super friendly and very creative and VERY into local causes (like music, activism and business).
- For more information on this see our Culture or About Us pages.
- But mostly, other shops are in this business to make money. We are in this business to make t-shirts and signs that make our community (or yours) a better place. <3
- Complicated question. For the full break down, go to our About Us. Short answer, we have been doing vinyl decals for cars (and operating as a full sign shop) since early 2002. We have been customizing t-shirts since January of 2007 (and are valued in industry forums as experts because of all of the tools we have created to perfect the t-shirt making process) and we have been operating in Las Vegas since October of 2007.
- We are certified PPAI Master Decorators, Veteran Small Business Owner of the Year, have won Best of Las Vegas (Review-Journal) in two categories, PPAI Safety Aware, KultureCity Sensory Aware and is a Green Belt in Marine Corps Martial Arts. For more information on press and awards, please visit here.
- By “we” we mean Angie. She has been doing this forever, but has also created this ridiculous store and been refining it over and over and over throughout the years to come up with more perfect policies, procedures and practices to mobilize and motivate all her t-shirt ninja fairies, grasshoppers and boot camps to get you the best looking stuff as quick as we possibly can.
- We are constantly hiring new talent who brings new ideas into the store and we love change even just the smallest thing every day to make our clients’ experiences just that much better.
- Most T-shirt ninja fairies work as bootcamps (newbies who specialize in folding shirts, weeding vinyl, chores, doing errands) or grasshoppers (those who print, plot, keep track of what is due next, delegate to bootcamps and make sure your order is done on time) for about six months before they start designing at the computers. We take that job pretty seriously and they only get to learn how to do it if they have mastered the other skills.
- Then we have our T-shirt Ninja Fairy Yodas. Those are the ones that have been designing for at least two years. We currently have three of those.
- If you have it electronically: a VECTOR or the highest resolution of whatever you have is best. If you don’t know what that means, any file that you can’t open or ends in .ai, .eps, .pdf is usually best.
- Transparent backgrounds are best.
- If in doubt, just email us your image at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don’t have it electronically: Bring us the largest image you can. Electronic is best but we take people’s favorite t-shirts from 20 years ago and copy those all the times. In summary, bring us whatever you have and we will see what we can do. Chances are we have done more with less than whatever you bring us. It’s kinda our thing.
- We are open from 10am-6pm Monday through Friday.
- Are you one of our few weirdo customers that order, pay for things, and never return, (after 60 days)?
- Your garment will join the ranks of the display garments on our wall or will be donated to Project 150!
- Abandoned shirts sitting ready for pickup in their little bags on the pickup shelf are lonely and depressing.
- If you decide to pick up your garment more than 60 days after we finish it for you, you will have to buy a new one. No exceptions, no discounts. Just understanding smiles.
- YES!!! We have a Direct to Garment printer and a vinyl plotter and can do any sort of customization you need on any color shirt you want!
- If you are wanting a photograph on a shirt, we would suggest either purchasing a stock shirt from us or bringing in something made with 100% cotton.
- If your shirt is anything but, we have some samples to show you how it will look after 20 washes so you can decide what is right for you.
- We can do pictures on just about any item unless it’s something we can only make with car vinyl (banners, license plate frames, etc).
Ok, it’s time to get serious folks. LISTEN LINDA, LIIIISTEN.
There are three types of mistakes made in the store:
T-shirt ninja fairies flub up because they were working really fast and just completely made a boo-boo.
Machines eff up or your garment isn’t suitable for customization causing unexpected results.
Clients don’t catch a mistake when they are asked to look at and approve a proof of their design.
- ~~If #1 or #2 happens, if you purchase our garment, we just pull another one off the shelf and remake it.
- ~~If #1 or #2 happens and you brought in your own garments, you have signed a waiver about this and it is your responsibility to bring in another garment to print at our cost or purchase one of our garments to reprint. For more information on this policy, please see our “Own Garment Waiver“.
- ~~There is a third type of mistake made which we truly hate the most. These are the mistakes that are the responsibility of our clients.
- ~~When we are taking an order in person, the VERY LAST step we do before we ring you up is stand up, show you the screen and say “Is everything spelled right? Is the grammar correct? Are all the colors right? Is this how this is supposed to look?” (or something along those lines). This is our proofing process. It is YOUR responsibility to check and make sure your order is correct. Anything that happens before this is your responsibility.
- ~~If you are an online order, we print exactly what you send to us, spelling errors or not. If you have us design something, we will email you a proof (after payment). Once you approve that, that responsibility is yours.
🎵 It’s YOUR Fault 🎵
- ~~It doesn’t matter if you emailed in the text, or wrote it down, or if we copied it off a business card. If it’s not spelled right and you approve it, that is YOUR responsibility. Errors can happen at any point in the designing process and the design that you approve at that moment is whatever is getting printed on the shirts.
- ~~Have you ever looked at a word so long it doesn’t look like it’s spelled correctly anymore? That’s how graphic designer’s minds work. They are looking for the over aesthetic of the artwork they are preparing, and after looking at any design for 5 minutes or longer, it’s impossible to rely on us to proofread your image.
- ~~Not to mention, it’s WAY easier for a client to recognize mistakes on names and phone numbers than it is for us. They are your names and phone numbers!
🎵 We ain’t alone…. 🎵
- ~~This is an INDUSTRY WIDE practice. This is not just our print shop. Here are some examples of other business’s policies.
Quality Logo Products Proof Policy
Elect Graphics and Printing
First In Print Proof Policy
- ~~We do feel really bad for you, but this is honestly just not our mistake. We can’t take that responsibility. We are taking 20 orders a day, and juggling manufacturing on 40 orders a day. You are placing one order and are much more familiar with your order than we are.
- ~~If this is not something you are ok with, we invite you to find another print shop. Please let us know if you find another one with a different policy.
🎵 But staaaaay, just a little bit longer.🎵
To be clear, you are 100% responsible for any spelling, gramatical, color, or any other issue that is printed on the shirts. We showed it to ya before you paid and you approved it.
- ~~And once you give your design your blessings, we group together and save your image so it’s not changed again. There is NO reason why we would change your design, spelling or anything else once you leave. That would only cause continuous problems for us. We invite all clients to take a picture of their proof with their phones to keep us all above board! We are not mean little t-shirt gremlins just ruining your shirts on purpose, we promise.
Ok, is the lecture over? Because we hate being serious. It’s hella a downer. Can we go back to just talking about pretty, magical t-shirts now?
- Hells to the yeah. Our favorite customers are active duty military. We ship to APOs once a week so allow a little longer for the box to get there, but you have your 15% Active Duty military discount to keep you warm until you get your crapolla.
The standard answer to this question when you ask us in the store is, “Yes, we will print anything except hate speech.”
While we respect your definition of hate speech, when controversial designs are requested, it comes down to the owner’s discretion- which she does not take lightly. What we consider hate speech is on a continuous sliding scale.
She generally turns down two sales a year due to these standards.
The questions asked are:
Would the average person be extremely offended by this t-shirt?
Does this shirt contain elements generally considered to be representative of an oppressive group?
What is the intention of this graphic and the person wearing it?
Does this make our community better or worse?
For background, the owner is a Marine who got out and made a hard left in her ideological views. But she tried to be as fair as possible.
In 2016 we made Hillary and Trump shirts (as long as they were not offensive), but mostly made hundreds of Bernie ones.
Examples of shirts we have refused to print:
Shirts plainly supporting nazi idealism
Shirts with the iron cross or any other nazi related iconography
Shirts that are just meant to hurt someone’s feelings
Shirts that are discouraging to the LGBTQ+ community
Shirts supporting removing the woman’s right to choose, with graphic photography and offensive views.
We also won’t print anything with the Confederate flag on it unless you can tell us the years of the Civil War without consulting google.
And before you go off on the First Amendment, we are a shirt store, not a branch of the government. We can, and will, turn down any sales we don’t feel comfortable putting into our community.
We are prevented from printing anything that is copyrighted unless it’s for personal use (you are just buying it for yourself, not to sell).
Overall, we want our shirts to spread joy, community, and the betterment of all.
But profanity is also fun, and funny shirts are the best ones to make.
- Garments: If we don’t have the style garment you are looking for, we can special order anything from our catalogs (if you are ordering at least 10 items) or you can find what you are looking for and bring it in. If you are bringing in your own garment, please check here first.
- Vinyl Substrates: If you need a street sign, or a custom sized banner or something to that effect, we can order it. Vinyl substrate orders need a week’s notice because they ship from Texas.
- Colors of vinyl: If you need a different color of vinyl (for clothes or cars) we need 3 days notice for clothes, and a week notice for cars. If it is a funky color we will never sell again, we will charge you for the full roll of vinyl (which we will quote you upon request).
- Seriously, we save EVERYTHING that gets made in the computer, and it will never be deleted. With the exception of three months in the summer of 2016 where we suspiciously had a Cloud Crash while Angie was in Philadelphia fighting for our freedom, and a few days that just accidentally get deleted here and there, we keep it all.
- We take your digits so we can save your design in the computer under your cell phone number. That way if you ever want to get that same design, we have it saved and ready to go.
- Only 20 minutes per item. If you order 5 or more shirts, we ask for you to come back the next day. If you order 20 or more items, we ask you to give us a week. With that being said, we have pressed 50 shirts in 2.5 hours before and if the need is immediate, we can make that happen (with an additional “magic t-shirt” fee of course). We also ask for an hour on the banners.
- The real question is when is the latest you can pick it up?!
- No, we don’t. It says very clearly on each computer that once you place an order, that is it. We have the fastest turnaround in the universe and get to work on an order as soon as it’s placed.
- The majority of the work is done on the front end of the sale. Meaning, by the time we get to payment, we have already done all the most expensive work for us. We can not refund a sale after it has been placed.
- We used to accept changes after purchase but we found that problematic and changed our policy on this about 8 years ago.
- It is not our fault if your plans changed, the event got canceled, you couldn’t pick up the shirts before your party, the event got rained out, you spelled something correctly or any other reason.
- Once an order is placed, that is it. No exceptions. Thank you for understanding. [[[As a separate aside- with all the industry scams going on, this also applies to any payments for large quantities of blank shirts. If you place an order for 1000 blank shirts (or really any large quantitiy of blank shirts), if that order gets to payment, you need to provide a shipping address at the time of paypal purchase, and we will ONLY ship to that address, in accordance with paypal rules. We will not issue a refund on this order for any reason whatsoever. It takes an incredible amount of labor to source these orders and half of that labor is done before we even get payment. We wait a week to order in the shirts for these types of orders. So your shirts will begin shipping one week after purchase. Our name is “Customistic” and paypal specifically has a policy about customized merchandise. We have not lost a paypal fight against a fradulent dispute yet because the word “custom” is literally in the name of the business. And no, it does not matter that we are not being asked to decorate those shirts- they will not refund you. So move along on your scam selves. ]]]